In all of our classes each student has access to their own dedicated virtual lab machine. Generally speaking, any computer that supports Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection with RD Gateway, will work.
Test Your Training Computer Now
or, read the requirements below
Training Computer Requirements
- You must have a computer available that is connected to the Internet via a cable-modem or better connection.
- The qualifying computer MUST be running one of these operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7.
- You do not need to install any additional software on your laptop in preparation for any of our classes, and no significant changes will be made to your laptop.
- You can verify that your computer will work for the class by performing the connection test on this page.
We employ two technologies to enable you to truly experience SharePoint hands-on.
- The first is Microsoft Remote Desktop Gateway. This enables you connect to the desktop of your lab machine that runs on our servers.
- The second is Microsoft Hyper-v for lab machine isolation and virtualization.
Through the use of these two technologies, all of the actual processing is done on our servers, not your laptop. You are simply sending your mouse clicks and keystrokes to our server, which passes back the screen images to your laptop. So very little “laptop horsepower” is necessary. Here is the bare minimum we expect in terms of the specifications of your laptop:
- It needs to be running Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7 so that Remote Desktop Connection client is available and compatible with Remote Desktop Gateway.
- It needs to be connected to the Internet via a cable-modem or better connection and able to use outbound HTTPS protocol through your firewall.
You can verify that your computer will work in class by performing the connection test on this page.