2 Day Class | Instructor-Led | Live Online or Classroom
What to expect:
- For those who have mastered the basics of SharePoint Server 2010, this is your introduction to the “next level” of features to help you leverage the power of SharePoint Server 2010 in greater measure for your organization.
- Two days of expert instruction taking you from the basics of SharePoint Server 2010 to the next level by teaching you SharePoint capabilities that most users don’t even know exist!
- An expert SharePoint instructor
- Engaging classroom experience or fully interactive online experience – your choice
- Perfect mix of lecture, demonstration, and hands-on lab exercises
- A comprehensive course manual developed by the SharePoint experts at PremierPoint Solutions, rather than generic\biased vendor-developed curriculum
You will learn how to:
- Use SharePoint Server 2010 for Enterprise Content Management
- Automate basic business processes using SharePoint workflow
- Use the personalization and social computing features in SharePoint Server 2010 (including My Sites)
- Manage your organization’s digital assets
- Unleash the power of Enterprise Search
- Enjoy the benefits of tagging items using Managed Metadata
- Target specific audiences with certain kinds of content using the Audience Targeting feature
- Work with a Document Set as though it were a single document (a loan document packet is a good example)
Benefits to you and your organization:
- Advanced workplace-ready SharePoint skills
- Understanding of, and ability to competently use, many of SharePoint’s lesser known, but more powerful capabilities, such as:
- Social Computing features
- Business Process automation through SharePoint Workflow
- Content Types
- Managed Metadata
- Publishing Features
- Web Content Management
- And much, much more
Module 1: Content Types
All the information that is stored in SharePoint is some type of content. SharePoint allows user to create their own types of content with custom metadata and functionality. By creating custom types of content, users can take better control over the information in their organization. In this module, students will learn how to create their own Content Types and Site Columns.
Module 2: Workflow
Much of the information in your organization is part of a larger business process. Many of those business processes can be automated through workflows in SharePoint. SharePoint provides five out-of-the-box workflows to assist with common business processes. In this module, students will learn how to configure and use an out-of-the-box workflow.
Module 3: My Sites and Social Computing
My Sites provide a place for individual users to store and share information. SharePoint 2010 also provides features that integrate with My Sites that allow users to tag, rate, and write notes about any information in SharePoint. In this module, students will work with the personalization and social computing features in SharePoint 2010.
Module 4: Rich Media Management
Digital assets (such as images, audio, video, etc…) are becoming more important in today’s workplace. SharePoint 2010 can serve as a repository for these kinds of rich media that makes it easy for users to discover and use items others have created. In this module, students will learn how to store and manage digital assets in SharePoint 2010.
Module 5: Enterprise Search
Although search is nice in SharePoint Foundation 2010, several enhancements make the Enterprise Search in SharePoint 2010 Server much more powerful. In this module, students will learn how to utilize the powerful features of Enterprise Search.
Module 6: Managed Metadata
Organizations are discovering the benefits of tagging information with metadata instead of using folders. Managed Metadata in SharePoint 2010 allows metadata terms to be centrally stored and managed so they can be reused across the SharePoint farm. In this module, students will learn how to apply and use Managed Metadata from an end-use perspective.
Module 7: Publishing and Web Content Management
The Publishing features in SharePoint 2010 make it easy to implement a public web site with web content management or to implement web content management within an intranet scenario. In this module, students will learn how to work with the Publishing Features in SharePoint.
Module 8: Office Web Applications
Although not strictly a feature of SharePoint Server 2010, the Office Web Applications provide a way for users to both view and edit Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote documents entirely in the browser. In this module, students will explore and use many of the features in the Office Web Applications.
Module 9: Audience Targeting
Audience targeting is a feature of SharePoint Server 2010 which allows content to be displayed only to users who are in particular groups, or audiences. In this module, students will explore how to: add targeted navigational links, add targeted web parts on pages, and how to use the Content Query web part to target individual list and library items to specific groups of users.
Module 10: Document Sets
Document Sets is a powerful way to treat multiple documents as though they were a single document. This can be very helpful whenever a particular business process centers around multiple documents such as a loan document packet, request for proposal (RFP), or other project. In this module, students will explore the Document Set functionality for handling multiple documents as a single entry.
Students should have a familiarity with Windows, a working knowledge of SharePoint Server 2010, and a desire to move up to more advanced SharePoint Server 2010 skills.
Each student will be provided with the following:
- A custom-developed, comprehensive electronic course manual containing:
- Presentation slides with speaker notes, and
- Step-by-step, scripted hands-on lab exercises
- Remote Desktop access to your own SharePoint site on a virtual server for one full week
Each onsite student will need to bring a qualifying laptop to the class in order to use Remote Desktop to connect to your lab environment. Likewise, each Live Online student will need to have a qualifying computer to participate. (Click here to verify that your laptop or desktop meets the minimum requirements.)
Note: Please use the 2-day class column in the table below to determine the pricing for this course.
Class Pricing and Discount Offers
|Pricing for:||2-day class||3-day class||4-day class||Coupon Code|
|GOVERNMENT (Federal, State, Local employees)||$995||$1095||$1695||GOVT|
|ACADEMIC (Educational employees)||$995||$1095||$1695||ACAD|
|NON-PROFIT (Non-profit organization employees)||$995||$1095||$1695||NONP|
|GROUP (2 or more attending same class)||$995||$1595||$1795||GROUP|
Registration Fee Includes
The registration fee includes your tuition and course materials.
It DOES NOT include hotel lodging, airfare, ground transportation, or meals.
Any cancellations up to 30 days before the start of the course will be charged $300. Cancellations within 30 days of the start of the course will be charged $700. Refunds will be sent no later than 30 days after the scheduled course start date.